Log Horizon 9: Go East, Kanami! (Kanami, Go! East! in the Japanese version) is the ninth volume of the Log Horizon light novel series, and the first of a side-plot focused on Kanami's Party in the Chinese server. It is continued in volume 11.
Despite being titled after Kanami, the story is primarily told from Leonardo's perspective.
- Travelling Companion (profile: Leonardo)
- Village of Thekkek (profile: Kanami)
- Dragon in Heaven's Fang (profile: Elias Hackblade)
- Dog Fight (profile: Coppelia)
- Go East (profile: KR and Gar-gar)
Debauchery Tea Party
The Appendix to volume 9 gave information for the Debauchery Tea Party members, including those who were not online during the Catastrophe; they had previously been revealed in a fan book, but were never officially published.
Along with the basic information of the members, there was also a relationship chart given. However, the relationship chart did not include every member in it due to the lack of space.
Overseas Classes: Part 1
Mamare Touno and Ishihara Shinji (the anime director) created designs and class icons for the unique overseas server classes. In this part they covered the North American, Central/South American, Korean, and Chinese servers. At the end of the description, it stated that they would continue with the second installment, which was released in volume 11.
- The contents of Go East, Kanami! were taken from a side-story called "Dragonhowl Mountains" that Mamare originally published on his website (the now-defunct mamare.net). He began writing the story between volumes 5 and 6.
- In chronological order of his writings, Dragonhowl Mountains was the first time Kanami is named; volumes 1-5 simply refer to her as "she."
- Leonardo's resemblance to the famous Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is also downplayed for the published volume; he looks like a frog, not a turtle, and his favorite food is sushi instead of pizza. The latter change didn't make it into the anime or manga, which still have him say that he's fondest of pizza.
- In the volume, Leonardo mentions two New York City sushi eateries, Tasuda and Ushiwaka. The names are plays on the real-life Sushi Yasuda and Ushiwaka Maru.
The Beginning of Another World • The Knights of Camelot • Game's End, Part 1 • Game's End, Part 2 • A Sunday in Akiba • Lost Child of the Dawn • The Gold of the Kunie • The Larks Take Flight • Go East, Kanami! • Homesteading the Noosphere • Krusty, Tycoon Lord